Legionella is a naturally occurring bacteria that may be present in virtually any water source. While the bacteria thrives in warmer temperatures, between 68 and 126 degrees, it’s important to note that it can survive and spread in cooler water as well. Unfortunately, primary disinfection from a city water supplier is not enough to prevent the growth and spread of legionella. Because of this, it is often necessary to introduce secondary disinfection as part of a comprehensive water safety plan to successfully prevent a legionella outbreak.
A unique challenge of legionella bacteria, as well as other dangerous pathogens, is their ability to hide and reproduce under a protective shield called biofilm. Chlorine dioxide is the only biocide that effectively removes biofilm. Some water systems that may promote the growth and spread of legionella include, but are not limited to the following:
- Hot water systems such as showers or hot tubs
- Cold water supplies such as those that feed drinking fountains, ice makers, and decorative fountains
- Cooling towers
With an estimated 25,000 cases and over 4,000 deaths annually, not to mention costs in the millions, and irreparable damage to your organizations vital reputation, PureLine has partnered with one of the largest and most respected, independent water consulting firms in the country to offer our clients a single source for a comprehensive legionella prevention solution. Because every facility is different, formulating a safe, reliable, and effective solution to protect your employees and precious customers requires the experience and expertise that only PureLine can offer.
We partner with our clients to formulate custom solutions that meet performance, operational, and financial goals promoting long term, and mutually beneficial relationships. Some of the services and products we offer:
- Preliminary consultations – basic fact finding
- Onsite evaluations – take samples, map systems, review policies etc.
- Provide complete analysis and test results with prevention recommendations
- Design, manufacture, and introduce safe and reliable solutions
- Ongoing engineering and technical support
- Independent, annual audits to ensure program effectiveness
- Pre-cursor chemical supply